Our Spring Production will be “The 39 Steps,” a comedic murder mystery in two acts
Adapted by Simon Corbie and Nobby Dimon from John Buchan’s 1915 novel of the same title and Alfred Hitchcock’s movie of 1935
Presented by arrangement with Samuel French, Inc.
Director: Jo d‘Angelo
Mix a Hitchcock masterpiece with a juicy spy novel, add a dash of Monty Python and you have “The 39 Steps,” a fast-paced whodunit for anyone who loves the magic of theater.
A man with a boring life meets a sultry woman with a thick accent who says she’s a spy. When he takes her home, she is murdered. Soon, a mysterious organization called “The 39 Steps” is hot on the man’s trail in a nationwide manhunt that climaxes in a death-defying finale! This hilarious adaptation of Alfred Hitchcock’s The 39 Steps includes amazing special lighting and sound effects, and of course, superior acting. This will be a show to remember.
Erik Rodenhiser plays the protagonist, on the run from a sinister spy organization.
Ursina Amsler plays 3 leading ladies, a secret agent, an ingenue, and a country wife.
Curtis Eames and Nick Gregoretti play every other character, including heroes, villains, men, women, children, and even the occasional inanimate object.
Four performances will be held at:
Belmont Town Hall (handicapped accessible) Directions to Belmont Town Hall
455 Concord Avenue
|Saturday||April 1, 2017||8pm – 9:45pm|
|Sunday||April 2||3pm – 4:45pm matinee|
|Friday||April 7||8pm – 9:45pm|
|Saturday||April 8||8pm – 9:45pm|
Reservations & Tickets:
- Members: Each current BDC Member (whose dues are paid for the 2016/2017 Season) is entitled to TWO free tickets per production.
- Non-Members: $20 per person
There are 3 ways to make a reservation:
- NEW! Use our online ticket order form on Brown Paper Tickets: http://BDC39Steps.BrownPaperTickets.com
If you are a current BDC Member, you can reserve your two free tickets to the show.
You can also order General Admission tickets using your credit card. A small service fee will be added to each ticket purchase.
- By mail: Go to the “Mail-in Ticket Order Form,” fill it out, print it, make your check payable to Belmont Dramatic Club, and mail the form and your check to L.P. Macdonald, 63 Alexander Avenue, Belmont, MA 02478.
- By email: Send your order information to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, then mail your check to us at the address above or pay at the door with cash or check.
Please note that while you can reserve tickets in advance, we do not assign specific seats.
General admission tickets will also be sold at the door starting one hour prior to each performance.
Our Box Office in the lobby of the Town Hall can accept cash or checks, but cannot accept credit cards.
Be there early for the best seats!
For more information, please call (617) 571-8865 or email email@example.com.