Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/221608284557719
Tickets are on sale now! You can order General Admission tickets online right now using your credit card!
Members can reserve their free tickets, too!
Note that our Sunday April 22 4-6pm matinee performance is sold out.
Our Spring Production is “GODSPELL”
A musical based upon the Gospel according to St. Matthew
Conceived and originally directed by John-Michael Tebelak
Music and New Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Originally Produced on the New York Stage by Edgar Lansbury/Stuart Duncan/Joseph Beruh
Presented through special arrangement with Theatre Maximus, 1650 Broadway, New York, NY 10019
Director: CherylAnn Welch
Producers: CherylAnn Welch and Marcus Hatch
Music Director: Eli Schildkraut
Choreographer: Warren Friedman
Godspell was the first major musical theatre offering from three-time Grammy and Academy Award winner Stephen Schwartz (Wicked, Pippin, Children of Eden), and it took the world by storm. Led by the international hit “Day by Day,” Godspell features a parade of beloved songs, including “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord,” “Learn Your Lessons Well,” “All for the Best,” “All Good Gifts,” “Turn Back, O Man,” and “By My Side.”
A small group of people help Jesus Christ tell different parables by using a wide variety of games, storytelling techniques, and hefty doses of comic timing. An eclectic blend of songs, ranging in style from pop to vaudeville, is employed as the story of Jesus’ life dances across the stage. Dissolving hauntingly into the Last Supper and the Crucifixion, Jesus’ messages of kindness, tolerance and love come vibrantly to life.
Four performances will be held at:
Payson Park Church Directions to Payson Park Church
365 Belmont Street
|Saturday||April 14, 2018||8-10pm|
|Sunday||April 15||4-6pm matinee|
|Sunday||April 22||4-6pm matinee|
Reservations & Tickets:
- Each current BDC Member (whose dues are paid for the 2017/2018 Season) is entitled to TWO free tickets per production.
- $20 per person for General Admission.
There are 3 ways to make a reservation:
- NEW! Use our online ticket order form on Brown Paper Tickets: http://BDCGodspell.brownpapertickets.com
If you are a current BDC Member, you can reserve your free ticket to the show.
If you’re not a Member, you can order General Admission tickets using your credit card. A small service fee will be added to each ticket purchase.
- By mail: Go to our “Mail-in Ticket Order Form,” fill it out, print it, make your check payable to Belmont Dramatic Club, and then mail the form and your check to L.P. Macdonald, 63 Alexander Avenue, Belmont, MA 02478.
- By email: Send your order information to us at info@BelmontDramaticClub.org, then mail your check to us at the address above or pay at the door with cash or check.
General admission tickets will also be sold at the door starting one hour prior to each performance.
Our Box Office in the lobby of Payson Park Church can accept cash or checks, but cannot accept credit cards.
Be there early for the best seats!
For general inquiries, please call (617) 489-2529 or email info@BelmontDramaticClub.org.